Fall is here once again, and our office is now officially closed for the 2019 season. We will reopen in March 2020. Until then we wish you a very happy fall and winter season, and look forward to hearing from you when spring arrives!
The Cowlitz County Mosquito Control District Board of Trustees, sitting as a Board of Equalization, will consider the assessments of persons owning property within the District at a public hearing to be held on October 8, 2019. All tax parcels of one (1) acre or less shall be assessed approximately $4.55. Larger parcels shall be assessed at a rate reflective of their size. In addition, tax parcels situated within certain areas of the District shall be assessed a fifty percent (50%) surcharge. The rates applicable to larger parcels and the areas subject to surcharge are more particularly described on the District’s website: https://cowlitzmosquitocontrol.com/how-to-calculate-your-assessment/ . For information regarding the approximate assessments to be imposed upon any benefited property, call Trevor Schneider, District Manager, at 360-423-5311, or information can be obtained at the hearing location immediately preceding the hearing.
All persons who may desire to object to their assessment may make such objections in writing by filing the same with Trevor Schneider, Program Manager, Cowlitz Co. Mosquito Control District, PO Box 1261, Longview, WA 98632 prior to the date fixed for hearing. Objections can also be raised at the public hearing in person.
TIME AND PLACE OF HEARING:
1319 13th Avenue South
Kelso, WA 98626
If your parcel is
|Acre size||Assessment Amount|
|Over 500 acres||$31.85|
How to Determine if Your Parcel is Within a Surcharge Area
If any part of your parcel is within one of the following described areas, it will be subject to a surcharge.
All lots connected to California Way
Kalama River Road
Kalama River Road. Begin at 107 Kalama River Road; continue east to 461 Kalama River Road (Parcel 60893). All lots between these two addresses accessed by Kalama River Road.
Begin at Olive Way and Ocean Beach Hwy. Olive Way to Memorial Park Drive. Memorial Park Drive West to 38th Ave. South on 38th Ave to Industrial Way. Industrial Way southwest to Washington Way. Washington Way east to Rail Road tracks crossing Washington Way (just west of 34th Ave). Rail line north to Ocean Beach Hwy. Ocean Beach Hwy. to Olive Way.
Begin on Talley Way at Coweeman River Bridge. West to east bank of Cowlitz River. North along east bank of the Cowlitz River to Allen Street. Follow Allen Street east to I-5. Follow I-5 south to Exit 36. Follow Exit 36 Ramp B to Talley Way at Coweeman River Bridge.
Spirit Lake Hwy
Begin at Si Town Road. All lots connected to Si Town Road. All lots connected by road to Spirit Lake Hwy. from Si Town Road to Gallow Road.
West Ocean Beach
Begin at 38th Ave and Ditch 8 (2098 38th Ave- Parcel 107890100) Follow Ditch 8 north to Mount Solo Road. Mount Solo Road south to Willow Grove Connection Road. Willow Grove Connection Road north to junction of Ocean Beach Hwy. Continue north across Ocean Beach Hwy to Coal Creek Road. Following Coal Creek Road north to Pacific Way. Follow Pacific Way east to 38th Ave. Follow 38th Ave. southwest to 38th Ave. and Ditch 8.
Willow Grove Road and Columbia Point Road. All lots connected to Columbia Point Road. South on Willow Grove Road to Taylor Sands Road. All lots connected to Taylor Sands Road. Continue southwest on Willow Grove Road all lots connected to Willow Grove Road from Taylor Sands to 7401 Willow Grove Road (Parcel WL1806011)
If your parcel is located in a surcharge area, multiply your rate based on parcel size by 1.5.
For parcels up to 1 acre: $6.59
For parcel between 1-5 acres: $13.65
For a parcel between 5-25 acres: $20.48
For a Parcel between 25-50 acres $27.30
For parcels designated as forest lands: Calculate your rate as provided above and reduce the result by 90%.
Cowlitz County Mosquito Board Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, September 10
6:00 p.m.—Mosquito Control District
1319 13th Avenue S., Kelso, WA 98626
- Call to order —- Moksness
- Roll call — C. Brock
- Changes & Additions to Agenda, if any — Moksness
of minutes—June 18, 2019 meeting
- Voucher Approval — Moksness
- Report from Trevor Schneider — Schneider
- Discussion regarding implementation of
Assessment upon property owned by Pacific Fibre,
including consideration of Resolution 2019-04 — P. Brock
- Discussion of Trevor Schneider’s
Employment status for
2020, including possible Executive Session — P. Brock
- Review of Proposed 2020 Budget — Schneider
- Preliminary Budget for 2020 Discussion — Moksness
- Review of Expenditures to Date and Cash on Hand — C. Brock
- Adoption of Preliminary Budget — Moksness
Resolutions (to be voted on individually) — Pat Brock
Resolution 2019-05—Setting Preliminary 2020 budget
Resolution 2019-06—Setting Date for Public Hearing
Meeting Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
6:00 p.m.— 1319 So. 13th, Kelso
- Call to order — President Moksness
- Roll call – C Brock
- Changes & Additions to Agenda, if any.
- Approval Special Meeting Minutes held May 28, 2019 — President Moksness
- Voucher Approval — President Moksness
- Report from Trevor Schneider:
Changing vendors for District’s database system
- Appointment of Board Employee Liason representative — President Moksness
|Tuesday, April 23, 2019||6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, June 18, 2019||6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, September 10, 2019 (set preliminary budget)||6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, October 8, 2019** (Public Hearing)||6:00 p.m.|
All meetings will be held at the times designated above at 1319 South 13th, Kelso, Washington.
Cowlitz County Mosquito Control District
Meeting Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
6:00 p.m.— Cowlitz County Mosquito District Facility
1319 13th Avenue S., Kelso, WA
Call to order –Jeane Moksness
Roll Call – Charlotte Brock
- Approval of April 23, 2019 Minutes–Moksness
- Discussion of Resolution No. 2019-02 Related To Personnel
New Job Titles And Hourly Rates Provisions For Employees, An Evaluation System,
And Directing The Program Manager To Formulate And Institute An Employee Work Schedule System—-P. Brock, T. Schneider
- Consideration of Adoption of Resolution No. 2019-02 Related To Personnel Matters, Establishing New Job Titles And Hourly Rates Provisions For Employees, An Evaluation System, And Directing The Program Manager To Formulate And Institute An Employee Work Schedule System —-Board Members
- Discussion of Resolution No. 2019-03 Adopting a Comprehensive Personnel Policies and Procedures Handbook—-P. Brock, T. Schneider
- Consideration and Passage of Resolution No. 2019 -03 Adopting a Personnel Policy and Procedures Handbook—-Board Members
- Consideration of Motion to compensate Trevor Schneider
for Hours Spent on Extra Work—-Board Members
- Motion to Adjourn – Jeane Moksness