The Cowlitz County Mosquito Control District Board of Trustees, sitting as a Board of Equalization, will consider the assessments of persons owning property within the District at a public hearing to be held on October 23, 2018. All tax parcels of one (1) acre or less shall be assessed approximately $4.39. Larger parcels shall be assessed at a rate reflective of their size. In addition, tax parcels situated within certain areas of the District shall be assessed a fifty percent (50%) surcharge. The rates applicable to larger parcels and the areas subject to surcharge are more particularly described on the District’s website: www.cowlitzmosquitocontrol.com; click on Blog; scroll to page 3, 4. For information regarding the approximate assessments to be imposed upon any benefited property call Dana Churchel, District Manager, at 360-423-5311, or information can be obtained at the hearing location immediately preceding the hearing.
All persons who may desire to object to their assessment may make such objections in writing by filing the same with Dana Churchel, Program Manager, Cowlitz Co. Mosquito Control District, PO Box 1261, Longview, WA 98632 prior to the date fixed for hearing. Objections can also be raised at the public hearing in person.
TIME AND PLACE OF HEARING:
1319 13th Avenue South.
Kelso, WA 98626
Meeting Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018
6:30 p.m.—Cowlitz County Mosquito District Facility 1319 13th Avenue S., Kelso, WA 98626
Public Hearing on Budget for 2019
1. Call to order – Moksness
2. Roll call – Moksness
3. Changes & Additions to Agenda, if any.
4. Approval of minutes—September 25, 2018.- Moksness
5. Public Hearing on proposed 2019 budget
6. Resolution 2018-05—Classification of Property – P. Brock
7. Resolution 2018-06—Adopting the Final Budget for 2019 and Setting the Final Base Assessment Rate – P. Brock
8. Approval of Vouchers – Moksness
9. Report from Dana Churchel
10. Resolution 2018-07—Meeting Dates 2019 – Moksness
September is finally here with fall right around the corner! Thankfully, the cooler weather means that we can all take a break from the mosquitoes and enjoy our time outdoors without worrying about those annoying pests.
It also means that your Cowlitz County Mosquito Control District will be closed until next spring when the mosquitoes begin their life cycle once more. Until then, we all hope you enjoy your fall and winter. We will see you next spring!
Meeting Notice and AGENDA
Cowlitz County Mosquito Control District
Meeting Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2018
6:30 p.m.—Mosquito Control District
1319 13th Avenue S., Kelso, WA 98626
1. Call to order – Moksness
2. Roll call – C. Brock
3. Changes & Additions to Agenda, if any. – Moksness
4. Approval of minutes—June 12, 2018 meetinand Special Meeting on July 11, 2018. – Moksness
5. Voucher Approval – Moksness
6. Report from Dana Churchel – Churchel
7. Review of Proposed 2019 Budget – Churchel
8. Preliminary Budget for 2019 Discussion – Moksness
9. Review of Expenditures to date and Cash On Hand – C. Brock
10. Adoption of Preliminary budget – Moksness
Special motion to authorize proposed salary increases – Moksness
11. Resolutions (to be voted on individually) – Pat Brock
Resolution 2018-03—Setting Preliminary 2019 budget
Resolution 2018-04—Setting Date for Public Hearing