- Call to order President Moksness
- Roll call President Moksness
- Changes & Additions to Agenda, if any.
- Approval of minutes—October 23, 2018 meeting President Moksness
- Voucher Approval President Moksness
- Election of Officers President Moksness
- Review of 2018 Final Budget C. Brock
- Resolution 2019-01— Amendment to Resolution 2018-07
Changing the Meeting Date of October 15 to October 8, 2019 Brock
- Assessing State Land P. Brock
- Report from Trevor Schneider, Program Manager
Your Cowlitz County Mosquito Control is now open for the 2019 season! We can help you control the mosquito larvae population in your area before they have a chance to emerge as adult mosquitoes. You may request a service call by visiting our Contact Page, or by calling our Hot Line at 360-425-5658.
The Cowlitz County Mosquito Control District will begin seasonal activities soon. Only when mosquito larva is found will the district use one of the following larvicides.
- VectoBac G (Bacillus Thuringiensis, subspecies Israelensis): specific for mosquito larva
- Vectolex-CG (Bacillus Sphaericus): specific for mosquito larva
- Vectomax (Bacillus Thuringiensis, subspecies Israelensis and Bacillus sphaericus): specific for mosquito larva
- Natular (Spinosad) the first mosquito larvicide evaluated as a Reduced Risk Product by the EPA
- Altosid (S-Methoprene) a growth inhibitor active on mosquito larva
- Agnique (poly-alpha –w-hydroxy): a monomolecular surface film used for late stage larva and pupa
- COCOBEAR Oil (white mineral oil): for late stage larva and pupa on impounded water bodies
Later in the season and only in areas where adult mosquitoes cause extreme annoyance or mosquito transmitted disease is present will the district adulticide using:
- Permanone (permethrin) which is Ultra Low Volume fogged at a rate between 0.024 and 0.112 ounces per acre.
Mosquito control activities will continue throughout the season until mid-October.
For further information or to report mosquito problems, visit our website at www.cowlitzmosquitocontrol.com or phone the Mosquito Control Hot Line (360) 425-5658. Additional information and schedule changes will be posted on our website.
You may also contact the Ecology Aquatic Pesticides Permit Manager, Jon Jennings at: (360) 407-6283
The Cowlitz County Mosquito Control District Board of Trustees, sitting as a Board of Equalization, will consider the assessments of persons owning property within the District at a public hearing to be held on October 23, 2018. All tax parcels of one (1) acre or less shall be assessed approximately $4.39. Larger parcels shall be assessed at a rate reflective of their size. In addition, tax parcels situated within certain areas of the District shall be assessed a fifty percent (50%) surcharge. The rates applicable to larger parcels and the areas subject to surcharge are more particularly described on the District’s website: www.cowlitzmosquitocontrol.com; click on Blog; scroll to page 3, 4. For information regarding the approximate assessments to be imposed upon any benefited property call Dana Churchel, District Manager, at 360-423-5311, or information can be obtained at the hearing location immediately preceding the hearing.
All persons who may desire to object to their assessment may make such objections in writing by filing the same with Dana Churchel, Program Manager, Cowlitz Co. Mosquito Control District, PO Box 1261, Longview, WA 98632 prior to the date fixed for hearing. Objections can also be raised at the public hearing in person.
TIME AND PLACE OF HEARING:
1319 13th Avenue South.
Kelso, WA 98626
Meeting Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018
6:30 p.m.—Cowlitz County Mosquito District Facility 1319 13th Avenue S., Kelso, WA 98626
Public Hearing on Budget for 2019
1. Call to order – Moksness
2. Roll call – Moksness
3. Changes & Additions to Agenda, if any.
4. Approval of minutes—September 25, 2018.- Moksness
5. Public Hearing on proposed 2019 budget
6. Resolution 2018-05—Classification of Property – P. Brock
7. Resolution 2018-06—Adopting the Final Budget for 2019 and Setting the Final Base Assessment Rate – P. Brock
8. Approval of Vouchers – Moksness
9. Report from Dana Churchel
10. Resolution 2018-07—Meeting Dates 2019 – Moksness