Public Notice of Mosquito Control Activities
The Cowlitz County Mosquito Control District will begin seasonal activities soon.
Only when sufficient mosquito larvae are found will they use one of the following larvicides.
- VectoBac EPA# 73049-10 and 73049-38 (Bacillus thuringiensis, subspecies Israelensis): specific for mosquito larva
- VectoLex FG EPA# 73049-20 (Bacillus sphaericus): specific for mosquito larva
- VectoMax FG EPA# 73049-429 (Bacillus thuringiensis, subspecies Israelensis and Bacillus sphaericus): specific for mosquito larva
- VectoPrime FG EPA# 73049-501 (Bacillus thuringiensis, subspecies Israelensis and S-Methoprene): specific for mosquito larva
- Natular EPA# 8329-84 and 8329-83 (Spinosad): the first mosquito larvicide evaluated as a Reduced Risk Product by the EPA
- Altosid EPA# 2724-421 and 2724-448 (S-Methoprene) a growth inhibitor active on mosquito larva
- Cocobear Oil EPA# 8329-93 (mineral oil): for late stage larva and pupa on impounded water bodies
Later in the season and only in areas where adult mosquitoes cause extreme annoyance or mosquito transmitted disease is present will the district adulticide using one of the following Adulticides:
- Permanone EPA# 432-1277 (Permethrin) which is Ultra Low Volume sprayed at a rate between 0.024 and 0.112 ounces per acre.
- Deltagard EPA# 432-1534 (Deltamethrin) which is Ultra Low Volume sprayed at a rate between 0.0066 and 0.02 ounces per acre.
Mosquito control activities will continue throughout the season until mid-October.
For further information or to report mosquito problems, visit their website at www.cowlitzmosquitocontrol.com or phone the Mosquito Control Hot Line (360) 425-5658. Additional information and changes will be posted on their website.
You may also contact the Ecology Aquatic Pesticides Permit Manager, Jon Jennings at: (360) 407-6283